Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Brave and Lucid Response To My Thoughts



Mr. Charles Daumbacher of Dubuque Iowa read my letter to the Dubuque Telegraph Herald, also titled "Medicare Thugs" in this blog. His thoughtful and intelligent response, sent to me in the U. S. Mail is: "I would very much like to see things from your point of view; but no matter how hard I try; I just can't get my head that far up my ass." This is typical of the type of person I saw at the congressional town hall standing in the back. Alas, arguing with this "intellectual" would be like arguing with the bathroom toilet. He could have written an insightful response, but to do so he would have had to have some insight. There are better advocates against health care, who I respect very much and who can state their valid concerns. The media right, though, has incited this kind of mindless rage as a tool to kill health care for all. This ugly response is apparently from an uninformed person carrying water for the corporate medical and drug interests who do not want to fall off the gravy train. I would bet that Mr. Daumbacher has nothing in common with these captains of commerce, but he is doing their bidding nonetheless. I am sure Mr. Daumbacher feels no obligation to those who needlessly die or become disabled from lack of access to medical care. He is not alone. There are thousands of "Ditto Heads" in his club.

No comments:

Post a Comment